New England Diamond And Jewelry Buyers will offer you the highest prices for your Gold, Silver and Platinum in any form. The larger the lot, the more aggressive we can be. Lots from 1/4 ounce to 1,000 pounds. For very large amounts of metal, please call ahead of time to schedule a private appointment.
We are constantly monitoring gold and precious metal prices to ensure that our clients are receiving the highest prices offered. If we see a strong fluctuation in prices, we will make you aware and help you make the right decision.
Given today’s record high prices for precious metals, even small amounts of gold that might be stuffed away in your dresser could easily be worth $1000’s.
How We Buy Gold
Selling your unwanted gold to New England Diamond & Jewelry Buyers is a very simple and quick process. Here are the basic steps involved:
- We will inspect each piece and look for purity markings i.e. 10k, 14k etc (10k gold = 41.6% pure, 14k = 58.5% pure, 18k = 75% pure and 22k = 91.7% pure)
- We might run a magnet by some of the pieces if markings aren’t present. FYI- gold and silver are NOT magnetic.
- Any piece of gold that is not obvious by marking will be acid tested. This is a very simple process where we will lightly rub the item on a scratch block and apply nitric acid to the mark. The acid will eat away at the alloys (the materials added to gold to create a stronger piece of jewelry), but will leave the gold untouched. If the scratch of gold can be seen through the applied acid then the item is gold.
- Each item of jewelry is then evaluated to determine its marketability. The more marketable an item is, the more $$ we can offer.
- Once we have separated the gold jewelry into groups (purity & marketability), we will compute the amount to be offered. The key variables are gold purity (9k, 10k, 14k, 16k, 18k, 20k, 22k and 24k), weight measured in grams, the spot price of gold at the time of the transaction and lastly, its marketability.
With the price of gold at near-record levels, small amounts of gold (in any form) will add up to large amounts. The professionals at New England Diamond & Jewelry Buyers are paying out $1,000’s of dollars every day for unwanted gold.
Remember, all transactions are discreet and your privacy is always protected.